Name: Jack West
Height: 6 ft 3 in
Weight: 230 lb
D.O.B: February 12 1980
Gimmick: "The Working Class Hero"
Theme song: Working Class Man - Jimmy Barnes
Finishers: Instant Karma
Simple Complication

West's "Working Class Hero" gimmick is able to be used as either a face or a heel. When face, he is actually "The Working Class Hero", appealing to all the middle and lower class fans as one of them. He gets them, and knows what it's like to be them. If he is playing a fan favourite, West's fans, and West himself, refer to themselves as "The Union."

When heel, "The Working Class Hero" is more of a self-proclaimed, sarcastic title. West plays up on the fact that he WAS like everyone else, but made something of himself by becoming a wrestler. He saved himself. He (vocally) views everyone else as pathetic lowlifes with no aspirations, content with their current mediocre situation.

Here is a short promo video (taken from my application, I apologise to those who've already seen it).

The clip begins with West standing outside the gates of what appears to be an old, abandoned factory of some sort. Its windows are all boarded up, the gate is rusted and hanging on its hinges, and the grass out front doesn't appear to have been cut for months. Jack's theme music begins to play. He is wearing an old, grey flat cap and a dark jacket. His jacket is left unbuttoned, revealing a plain white t-shirt underneath. West is leaning up against a brick wall with his hands in his pockets. West is looking out into the distance, away from the camera, with a grim look on his face.

The scene suddenly switches to the inside of an empty, dimly lit arena. A spotlight shines down on West, who is slowly walking down the ramp. He focuses intently on the ring, his eyes not once straying from it.

The music picks up the tempo and the scene changes once again. The Working Class Hero is now standing in the centre of the ring, and the arena is completely full. West is looking out at the massive crowd, and slowly turns around in a full circle. His dedicated fan base, who call themselves The Union, was out in full force.

A montage starts, showing highlights of some of Jack's matches. The screen shows a sequence of several wrestling manoeuvres and holds. It stops for a while with a close-up shot of West with a Simple Complication locked in, and then switches to the same for an Instant Karma. After pausing on this for a while, another montage begins, this one very quick, showing several opponents tapping out to his submissions.

The music begins to die down, and the camera switches back to an empty arena. West is alone, sitting in one of the corners of the ring atop the turnbuckle. He removes his cap, holding it against his chest. Looking out across the empty arena, Jack runs a hand through his short black hair. He turns to face the camera. And smiles.

Last edited by JackWest on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
JackWest
Members
Members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack West: Working Class Hero

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:37 pm

I'll help you get started,I think ur good to face RickyTheDragon for your first match here.

Back to top Go down

Post  JackWest on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I think Schem already has something planned for me, but I will keep that in mind.
JackWest
Members
Members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Ok Just to be sure I made this for you two if you face.

Back to top Go down

Post  JackWest on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:13 pm

That looks awesome, cheers mate!
JackWest
Members
Members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 pm

I'll make you a pic tell me whos that guy on ur profile pic.

Back to top Go down

Post  JackWest on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:34 pm

That would be great. He is Eric Powell's character "The Goon."

The pic in my sig can be found here.
JackWest
Members
Members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Here it is hope u like it tell me if it needs changes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down